Diploma Yi Jin
FSTE is commissioned by the Education Bureau to develop and administer the programme, and to operate the DYJ Programme Management Committee (PMC). More details of PMC is available here.
- provide an alternative pathway for secondary six school leavers as well as adult learners to obtain a formal qualification for the purposes of employment and further study;
- equip students with an array of generic skills and general knowledge including basic language skills, information technology skills, mathematical reasoning skills and interpersonal skills, thereby enabling them to build a firm foundation in these aspects; and
- stimulate students’ learning drive and facilitate them in developing self-study skills for the pursuit of further study independently.
Recognition of Qualification
The Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) has confirmed that the qualification of DYJ is comparable to the attainment of Level 2 standard in five subjects including Chinese and English in the Hong Kong Diploma for Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination. For those who have successfully completed the Maths Plus elective course, the qualification acquired under DYJ is comparable to the attainment of Level 2 standard in five subjects including Chinese, English and Mathematics in the HKDSE Examination.
- Amenities Assistant III
- Assistant Census and Survey Officer
- Assistant Officer II (Correctional)
- Customs Officer
- Police Constable
- Postal Officer
- Social Security Assistant
- Tax Inspector II
- Welfare Worker
- Assistant Clerical Officer
- Assistant Taxation Officer
- Assistant Trade Controls Officer
- Land Inspector II
- Supplies Supervisor II
|Contact Hours:||600 hours in total|
|Core Courses:||Chinese (120 contact hours)
English (120 contact hours)
Mathematics (60 contact hours)
Liberal studies (60 contact hours)
Communication Skills (60 contact hours)
The curricula for these core subjects were centrally developed and are common among different institutions.
|Elective Courses:||Students need to opt for an Elective Cluster, which comprises three designated elective courses account for 180 contact hours in total.
A wide array of elective subjects, which are mainly of practical nature, are offered to cater for different interests and aptitudes of students. The curricula for the elective subjects were developed by the respective institutions.
|Mode of Study:||Full-time (one year) or part-time (normally two years)|
- Caritas Institute of Community Education (CICE)
- School of Continuing Education, Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU-SCE)
- Hong Kong College of Technology (HKCT)
- Hong Kong Institute of Technology (HKIT)
- Lingnan Institute of Further Education (LIFE)
- Li Ka Shing School of Professional and Continuing Education, The Open University of Hong Kong (OUHK-LiPACE)
- School of Business and Information Systems, Vocational Training Council (VTC-SBI)
All current providers of DYJ are Members Institutions of FSTE.